Friday, July 2, 2010

Blame the rain that it makes no sense.

I stood, staring. Hair in yarns around my face,
heat, and steam, a smile firmly planted.
Couldn't tell you why I smiled, day hardly begun,
only a glimpse, winking from the hours to come,
stress and mess, hustle and bustle.
And yet a smile.

There are things that happen in the shower.
Good release, melting stress, the splish
and splash of feet as the soap drains down
and down and down. Bangs and thuds, falling bottles,
stubbed toes, knots that won't let go,
lack of time. water. energy.who knows.

Sometimes I think great thoughts.
Mostly, not.
Mostly I think, of things that happened,
events to come, words I should have spoken,
bits of prose I should have writ down.
Not really great, just, there.

Sometimes its just enough to stand.
To squeeze shut my eyes, bow my head,
and wish for the water to wash it away.
What? I do not know. Who? Who knows.
But smiling in the shower helps. Sometimes.
Never. Mostly. But it can't hurt right?

No comments:

Post a Comment